Thursday 5 July 2012

HOLIDAY ESSENTIALS: BOBBI BROWN SPF 15 LIP BALM



I could not live without a lip conditioner. I use it religiously and feel lost without it. One year I made the terrible mistake of using quite a greasy lip balm on holiday, without an SPF and burnt my lips a treat! It was so awful… From that day onwards, I have always made sure that my lip balm has an SPF! It’s surprising to find that there are only a hand full of high end brands that have an SPF in their lip products.

If you are looking for a lip colour, tinted lip conditioner or lip balm visit L’Oreal, Benefit, Laura Mercier, Stila, MAC, YSL, Bobbi Brown and Clinique (even though the girl at the counter said that non of their products have any protection, I later found that their High Impact Lip Colour has SPF 15!). I find that some cheaper brands leave my lips looking white and aren’t very conditioning at all. Obviously, if you are surfing, skiing, mountain climbing etc you will need a high factor to stay protected, but I’m mostly talking about chilling on beaches, walking around markets and exploring towns/villages/cities.

One of my fav SPF 15 Lip balms is from Bobbi Brown. It comes in a fancy little silver tin, with screw top and smells like melons. It’s quite rich in texture, which I love and leaves lips conditioned for the best part of the day. It’s translucent in colour, but leaves a nice shine on the lips without feeling greasy.

It’s currently priced at £14 and is definitely a worthwhile holiday investment. Check out Bobbi Brown's website for up to date deals and offers http://www.bobbibrown.co.uk. They regularly offer free samples with orders over £50 and ship for free on orders of £35 or more.

No comments:

Post a Comment