Wednesday 7 November 2012

REAL TECHNIQUES MAKEUP BRUSHES BY PIXIWOO'S SAM CHAPMAN


I am going to start by saying that I love these brushes. I think they are great collections and amazing value for money. Since buying the Real Techniques Core Collection and Starter Set, I haven’t really reached for any other brush in my kit!

The brushes have been launched by Sam Chapman of Pixiwoo. Some of you may already be familiar with the youtube sensation that is Pixiwoo, but for those of you who aren't  Pixiwoo is  a makeup artist duo by the names of Sam and Nicola Chapman. If there was any makeup look out there that you wanted to create, but didn't know where to start or what products to use, guaranteed that Pixiwoo would have a video tutorial to help you out! If you wanted to know how to do a smokey eye, how to look like a bond girl or even the corpse bride, Pixiwoo has you covered. The girls are really great to watch and I have to say that I really enjoy their tutorials. There are a lot of tutorials on youtube, but I would highly recommend that you check out  the Pixiwoo Channel before looking elsewhere!

So, back to the brushes!

There are three collections, as well as, individual brushes to choose from and all are available at Boots stores and online. In fact, Boots currently have a ‘Buy one get one half price’ offer on at the moment, which includes these brushes! Bargain! What a perfect pre Christmas treat or gift idea! :) The Core Collection and Starter set are both currently priced at £21.99 each and I think the individual brushes start from about £6.99 each.

All of the brushes are made from Taklon, which is a synthetic material making them 100% cruelty free. Even though the brushes are synthetic, they are so incredibly soft and clean really easily. I have used them with both cream and powder products and I can’t really fault them. I’ve not experienced any fall out and I love that you can fold the brush case to make it stand up. If you want to know more about the brushes it would probably be best for you to visit the Real Techniques website at www.realtechniques.com.

The only problems I have are with the brow brush and pixel-point eyeliner brush… The brow brush is a little too thick for me and I find that I can’t quite get a precision brow with it. However, it is the perfect brush for smoking out gel liner with eye shadow for that smokey feline effect. It’s the perfect shape and density to really press the powder it and smoke it out easily. I have a similar issue with the pixel-point eye liner in that it doesn't really have a pixel point. The bristles are a little too long to control when applying gel liner and the thickness of the brush makes it hard to create a really fine line or pointed flick. My perfect gel liner brush will always be the Shu Umera 2R (Sable brush) .

No comments:

Post a Comment