Sunday 24 June 2012

MAYBELLINE DREAM FRESH BB CREAM



The new BB creams are a huge beauty trend at the moment and I’ve wanted to try them for ages, but just haven’t had the time. I recently ran out of my Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser (which is awesome by the way) and thought it was an opportune moment to give BB a go. I haven’t heard particularly great things theses products, but I like to find things out for myself and I’m glad that I did. I’m not a massive fan of heavy makeup on myself everyday and like more of a natural light finish, which is why I usually go for a tinted moisturiser. This is a great product if you are looking for something that glides on and blends easily with minimal effort. It claims to blur imperfections, but the coverage is close to what you would achieve using a tinted moisturiser, so don’t expect it to fully cover or hide that spot on your chin!

There are many arguments surrounding what classifies as a BB cream, but whatever it is – I like it! It’s an 8-1 super cream that is supposed to do the following things:

1. Creates a natural glow.
2. Compliments skin-tone.
3. SPF 30 UV protection.
4. Hydrates all day.
5. Blurs imperfections.
6. Oil free, non-greasy.
7. Looks visibly smooth.
8. Feels fresh.

I have combination skin, with a tendency to get a little oily as the day goes on. I was a little worried that the BB cream would leave me too moisturised and as a result, super shiny! This wasn’t the case though. The finish was quite matt, with a really nice natural glow. It isn't sticky and lasts throughout the day quite well. I did still use under eye corrector, concealor and a touch of powder to set. An added benefit is that it contains a 30 SPF, which is quite high as far as budget BB creams go. I’m heading to warmer climates for a short holiday in a couple of weeks and I’m even thinking that this might get added to the makeup bag. Along with my MAC Prep + Prime Face Protect SPF 50 obviously! ;)

I’m not sure that I would make it a permanent replacement for my tined moisturiser, but I wouldn’t completely dismiss it. If you’re still not sure, you can request a sample from Maybelline’s website.

I’d love to hear what you think about the arrival of BB creams and which ones you would rate/reject.

No comments:

Post a Comment