Thursday 21 June 2012

PRIMERS: YSL TOP SECRETS FLASH RADIANCE SKINCARE VS MAC PREP + PRIME SKIN BASE VISAGE


Primers and Fillers are essential for a flawless and long lasting finish. There are some great products out there that can help correct, refine and balance your skin, providing a perfect base for your foundation. Fillers are particularly great for covering unwanted lines, scaring and large pores.

I recently purchased Yve Saint Laurent’s Top Secrets Flash Radiance after reading great reviews online. I’m not convinced on the brush applicator as it’s not particularly hygienic. I suppose if I were to use it on myself the brush would be useful, but I tend to apply primers with my fingers to really massage and push it into my skin. I’d much prefer if the product was maybe in a tube with a brush attachment option, as I find it quite difficult to judge how much product I am squeezing through the brush. I have had the odd occasion where I have squeezed out way more than required, with no way of putting it back!


What is great about the primer is that the smallest bit goes along way and at approx £38 a tube, it is not something you want to run out of quickly! Overall, I don’t have too many bad things to say about it other than the brush and price. The light reflecting particles and caffeine really give the skin a boost and helps erase signs of fatigue. It feels like velvet to touch and goes on silky smooth. I tend to get a little oily throughout the day, but since using this primer I have found that it has really helped control this. My clients really love this product and always comment about how lovely it smells! It’s quite strongly fragranced, which isn’t to everyone’s taste, but personally I really like it and have had no complaints so far.    

I'm still unsure if I would purchase this again, largely due to the price. MAC have a very similar product available in their Prep + Prime range and is at a much more reasonable price of £18.50 (at time of post). The packaging of this product is great too and makes life really easy on shoots! One quick pump is usually enough for the whole face.

No comments:

Post a Comment