Wednesday 27 June 2012

PIZ BUIN TAN & PROTECT TAN ACCELERATING OIL SPRAY


I have always been a big fan of Piz Buin and their sun care products. They smell lovely and I always feel safe in the sun, knowing that I am well protected. I am not going to pretend that I am anti-sunbathing, because I love having a tan and it certainly helps me feel more confident in shorts! Sun exposure has lots of benefits. It also helps our skin produce vitamin D and in general makes us feel good (especially if includes a cider in hand!). If you would like more information about sun exposure and the effects it can have on your skin, visit BUPA Sun Care

I think what most people forget is that while having a tan can make us feel great when we are in our short, shorts; it also has long lasting and extremely damaging effects!  It can cause premature aging, i.e wrinkles and sagging, as well as red raw, burnt and blistered skin! I shudder and cringe when I see people with fluorescent pink backs, still walking around in the sun! Are you people crazy?? Put some sun cream on or a t-shirt or something!

OK, back to the product in hand! This product is great. The spray bottle makes it quick to apply and the oil itself absorbs into the skin really easily. I have always liked to use oil for the glowing effect it leaves on the skin and for how easy it is to apply. You don't get any white streak and your not rubbing it in for what seems like forever. You can even mix it with an illuminating cream or golden pigment for extra glow (if you add pigment to the oil, make sure you give it a good shake before you spray)! The Piz Buin Tan & Protect range includes melitane, which enhances the production of the body’s natural tanning pigments. It doesn’t have self tanner in it, so there is no fear of tangerine patches! You should tan faster, which means that all you tanning junkies out there don’t need to bake yourselves all day long!

Personally, I always tend to go with a high factor. From experience, I feel like using a stronger factor is going to protect my skin really well, while still giving me a deep, long lasting tan.


I think Boots currently have a lot of Piz Buin sun care products at half price, which is a bargain! It's usually £17.99 and they have it for £8.99! If your looking to buy a couple of products then I think I saw Sainsbury's have them on offer as buy on get one free. Which obviously works out about the same if you buy 2 of the same product, but I'll let you work out which deal is best for the purse!

1 comment:

  1. Cannot recommend this product enough! I used the factor 15 oil with Melitan for the last few days of my holiday and the difference it made to the colour of my tan was fantastic.. Go buy! : )

    ReplyDelete